Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kerry Airport Frame Rates  (Read 996 times)

Antoin

• Forum Member
Kerry Airport Frame Rates
« on: July 03, 2015, 01:47:31 am »
Firstly it is only right to commend what is one of the finest airport scenery add ons I have seen. Kerry Airport is brilliantly simulated by Eiresim and, given that I live in Kerry and it is my local airport, I had to have it. To my horror though, for all she is beautifully crafted, she is hell on frames. Using any add on aircraft you get as low as 7 fps. Flying the QW RJ85 is problematic enough, but flying the Aerosoft 320 is impossible with about 7 fps. I love the scenery and I really want to use it but the frames make it impossible. On Eiresim Cork and Shannon I get about 24 fps. On Aerosoft Dublin I get about 17. How can I be getting so few in Kerry? And is there any way to fix it? Any help would be really appreciated.

shamrock122

• Forum Member
Re: Kerry Airport Frame Rates
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:19:25 pm »
Firstly it is only right to commend what is one of the finest airport scenery add ons I have seen. Kerry Airport is brilliantly simulated by Eiresim and, given that I live in Kerry and it is my local airport, I had to have it. To my horror though, for all she is beautifully crafted, she is hell on frames. Using any add on aircraft you get as low as 7 fps. Flying the QW RJ85 is problematic enough, but flying the Aerosoft 320 is impossible with about 7 fps. I love the scenery and I really want to use it but the frames make it impossible. On Eiresim Cork and Shannon I get about 24 fps. On Aerosoft Dublin I get about 17. How can I be getting so few in Kerry? And is there any way to fix it? Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi Antoin,
Firstly, thank you for purchasing Kerry Airport.

With regards to your performance issues can i suggest the following:

If you are having frame rate issues with this scenery, it may be useful to remove the following files from the EIKY Kerry Airport/Scenery folder. ****However, you should first back up these files to a safe location as you may want to reuse them at some stage in the future.
EIKY_grass.BGL
trees.BGL

Can i also ask what type of computer you have? Processor and speed?

Thanks,
Ross