Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Approach lights / PAPI  (Read 1472 times)

borgfan

• Forum Member
Approach lights / PAPI
« on: May 31, 2015, 06:58:06 pm »
I've recently installed City airport and am overall pleased with its appearance.  I have noticed though that the airport runway lights do not show until about 2 nm on the approach. The lights then slowly appear along the runway, becoming fully visible about 1 nm out.

I don't have the best of PC's being a Q6600 overclocked to 3.2Mhz, a Nvidia GTX460 and Win7 with 8Gb ram, but have not experienced this kind of effect in other payware airports, including Heathrow which runs quite well.  On approach I get 20-23 fps.

Any suggestions would be greatly received as this visual artifact is quite annoying.
Thanks
Gerard

borgfan

• Forum Member
Re: Approach lights / PAPI
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:26:10 pm »
Well that is a rather disappointing lack of support.  Guess that's the first and last purchase from this site.

shamrock122

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:11:54 pm »
I've recently installed City airport and am overall pleased with its appearance.  I have noticed though that the airport runway lights do not show until about 2 nm on the approach. The lights then slowly appear along the runway, becoming fully visible about 1 nm out.

I don't have the best of PC's being a Q6600 overclocked to 3.2Mhz, a Nvidia GTX460 and Win7 with 8Gb ram, but have not experienced this kind of effect in other payware airports, including Heathrow which runs quite well.  On approach I get 20-23 fps.

Any suggestions would be greatly received as this visual artifact is quite annoying.
Thanks
Gerard
Gerard,
Sincere apologies for not replying sooner, i had not noticed your post until now.

With regards to your problem, unfortunately the PAPI lights used in the creation of EGAC have a limited visibility range which explains why you do not see them until you are quite near the airport. This is a problem I am still working to try and solve and is a common problem for many developers in FSX. If a solution is found i will release an update for Belfast.

Once again,
Apologies for the delay in repsonse,
Regards,
Ross

borgfan

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 06:19:02 pm »
Thanks for the response. Actually I'd be quite happy to have an option to use the standard PAPI lights rather than your 3d versions, I'm doubtful as to whether adequate visibility can ever be achieved using them.  The UK2000 airports seems to provide a reasonable compromise in this area, but I leave it to you for a resolution.

Regards
Gerard