Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cork Ultimate in P3D  (Read 3770 times)

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
Cork Ultimate in P3D
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:15:08 pm »
I seem to have a problem with the Cork Ultimate main terminal building in P3D. In short, it does not have a roof! It also seems to be even more transparent than it appeared in FSX. Is there a fix for this? I appreciate that P3D compatibility is not specifically mentioned, but it would be nice if the cause of the problem could be isolated.

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
Re: Cork Ultimate in P3D
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 04:18:42 pm »
Is this forum still active? Two weeks and not a single response??

Terry Smith

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Eiresim Scenery Design
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 05:53:01 pm »
Hi Christopher. Can you please post a screenshot of the issue in FSX? As you mention P3D is not supported but I can try and help with FSX. Can you also please post your graphics card spec?

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 05:27:09 pm »
Terry,

Sorry, I hadn't noticed your post here. I will get a screenshot posted ASAP.

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 06:00:40 pm »
Please find attached a screenshot showing the problem with the terminal in P3D v2.4. Another AVSIM forum member has responded to a post I made over there to say that he is also suffering from the same issue. Looking at this screenshot, I realise that the roof and the entire internal model set is missing! Only the glass "walls" are visible.

It would be great if you could find a solution to this issue. My graphics card is a 2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 770, and I am using the 337.88 graphics drivers.

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 09:22:28 am »
Any update regarding this issue, Terry?

Terry Smith

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Eiresim Scenery Design
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 01:05:59 pm »
Apologies Christopher for the delay. I'm just back from vacation. This is most certainly a P3D issue. I have tried replicating this in FSX with no luck.Have you tried the same scenery in fsx?

nigfrench

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 01:42:15 pm »
Hi,
I'm in the same position as Christopher. Have finally ditched FSX which was continually giving me crashing/freezing/Run Time Errors etc and moved to P3D v2.5 which now gives me a very stable flight sim, best move I've ever done!
I use a migration tool to move all my FSX scenery add-ons into P3D which works in most cases but I've found that Cork, Dublin and Shannon  give flickering building autogen when on the apron and like Terry, the interior is missing from within the main terminal building.
As I think P3D will eventually replace FSX10 due to it being stable (LM have rebuilt the core) will you be issuing upgrade patches for P3D uses to correct the autogen problems?
I would be quite happy to pay for any upgrades.

Regards

Nigel
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:34:06 pm by nigfrench »

Terry Smith

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Eiresim Scenery Design
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 08:50:57 pm »
Hi Nigel

I will get my hands on P3D as soon as I can and fire the Eiresim stuff up and see what we are dealing with

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 08:58:36 pm »
Thanks, Terry. I originally used EireSim Cork in FSX (before I switched to P3D when I purchased a new PC), and the main terminal was displayed just fine in that.

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 08:26:28 pm »
Terry,

Have you had a chance to have a look at the problem with the main terminal in P3D? It's been nearly two months since I last posted in this thread.

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 08:34:47 am »
Any updates on this problem, Terry? It's been nearly three months! On a side note, I have also noticed that my aircraft is pulling slightly to one side during rollout on runway 17/35. This happens with all of my aircraft, and only at this airport. My wind speed is set to zero, and I do not use addon weather software. I have also noticed a rather strange phenomenon when at a certain distance from the airport. Basically, it's as if all of the buildings on the north side of runway 07/25 (with the exception of the main terminal) have been "flipped" over to the south side. This corrects itself when I am on final approach.

Can you please advise me regarding these issues?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:38:34 am by Christopher Low »

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 07:30:04 pm »
Hello? Is anybody there??

zulukiloxp

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 03:54:15 pm »
Hi Chris,

I just bought Cork today and encountered the same problem.

I have solved the problem (terminal, also lighting FX issues), but wanted to know whether the developers will allow me to post it up on the forums?

Many thanks :)

Christopher Low

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2015, 09:44:31 pm »
We could be in for a long wait. Terry last posted in this thread on February 10!