Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Problems installing dublin  (Read 1702 times)

ed2992

Problems installing dublin
« on: July 23, 2013, 02:54:50 pm »
Hi I have had Dublin installed on my computer for a good while now but recently I had to reinstall fsx and Dublin add on again but when I go to add
scenery and go to the Dublin ad on EIDW_LC and click on it goes into the directory box but when I click ok to install it in nothing happens I have tried everything but to no avail I cant get it to go into the scenery library. I think there is something simple like clicking in space somewhere I remember doing before but I cant get it to work now. Any help would be grateful
l thank you.

beep

Re: Problems installing dublin
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 02:51:46 pm »
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem as the original poster.
I hope someone can help out here and I also hope the solution will be simplier then to register on this forum  ;)

Jos
FSX
W8 64 bit

beep

Re: Problems installing dublin
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 03:22:54 pm »
Ok. I found the solution thanks to the guys on the AVSIM forum.
I quote from the post on Avsim:
"For FSX users of Win7, BEWARE:With Win7Beta and RC, you cannot simply use the Scenery menu to "Add areas". Goodness knows what's been broken, but you have to go through a weird incantation to get it to work. When adding a scenery folder to FSX you would normally choose the folder and click OK: voila, the scenery would be added to FSX. But under Win7 clicking the OK button just opens the folder: the scenery does not get added to FSX. The solution is this. Before clicking OK, copy the full folder name etc from the box. Then click OK and paste the location back in to the box. Now click anywhere in the white area of the folder list and FSX will recognise the scenery."
It worked for me!
Jos