Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Eiresim "Dublin Ultimate" Progress Thread  (Read 49532 times)

ASDDarren

Eiresim "Dublin Ultimate" Progress Thread
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:15:52 am »
Hi, first of all I will introduce myself (briefly) - My name is Darren Seare and I run a scenery design team called Aviasim Designs.

Recently, I have been selected to be Terry's scenery designer for his version 2 of Dublin EIDW.

I will not say much about my skills, as you will see pictures here in this thread as progress passes - I am just the modeller, not the texture artist ...

Ok getting started - Terry gave me the "go" to go "all-out" on the model detail, the first building I decide to do is the SR Technics hangar - here are some screenshots in order of progress - some little work left to do on this hangar.

Enjoy, and I hope you like the new details.

Regards

Darren
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 09:03:36 pm by Terry Smith »

Damo

Re: Eiresim Dublin V2 Progress Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 09:26:43 am »
Hi Darren,

Looking good!! ;D

Cheers
Damo

skyhawk684

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 10:33:32 am »
Wow, absolutely amazing! The detail is great :D

The only thing wrong with it is that SR Technics have closed down at Dublin and Hangar 6 now belongs to Aer Lingus and this is where they have their headquarters.

Some pictures:

Good luck with the rest of the scenery!

ASDDarren

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 12:03:16 pm »
Thanks for that Skyhawk

Aerlingus321

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 12:13:27 pm »
Very nice, will be looking forward to this one.

In relation to Terry's request for images though, My dad is a pilot for EIN, he says that it is very difficult to get pictures of the airport airside due to security, there was even a pilot told off and photos deleted once. However the DAA do let photographers photograph the airport for a fee if you're interested, I think it's something like 220 euro, but if you're nice or have a contact in the DAA or DOT then that can be reduced a bit [or fully] according to my dad. Hope this helps,

Ronan O Cadhain Jnr.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:15:38 pm by Aerlingus321 »

Terry Smith

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Eiresim Scenery Design
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 01:41:07 pm »
Folks,

In relation to the above posts I can confirm that Dublin will be re-made for fs2004 and fsx. This was a decision taken by myself in the past few weeks as I fell Dublin "deserves" to be made to the same quality (probably better) as Alicante, Luton, Cork etc.

As you can see I have taken Darren on board to do the 3D Modelling and I think his pictures above speak volumes about his talent as a modeller.

As I am now working full time in the "real world" I am taking a slight step back but will still be working on Dublin. Darren will be doing all 3D Modelling; I will do all ground work and Conor (brother) all texturing. This should result in a top class Dublin.

As with all projects please don't ask when it will be ready as to be honest I have no idea :) It is quite difficult balancing this will my real job so time will tell.

I have purchased 20cm/pixel imagery for Dublin (should have it next week) and this will line up seamlessly with the Gen X imagery for Ireland.

Again and as always ANY pictures of Dublin are appreciated or indeed anyone with access to the ramp.

Terry
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:42:53 pm by Terry Smith »

Aerlingus321

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 04:47:08 pm »
Out of interest Terry, have you considered creating banners for forums to advertise Dublin V2 before release similar to Flightbeams KSFO and the PMDG NGX, might increase you sales and make it more worthwhile for you if you get free advertising on all the flight forums that Eiresim custmers post on. Just a thought.

Ronan.

Terry Smith

• Administrator
  • Forum Member
    • Eiresim Scenery Design
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:18:48 pm »
Haven't considered it as of yet but I will certainly look into it when I get the time

ASDDarren

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 03:34:23 pm »
Hello,

Due to the detail used, putting every window on the building etc proved "not too good" - this is because when we get the texture sheet, it will be extremely difficult and take a very long time to texture, then when it is textured it would appear as low res, even with a 4096x4096 texture! Ofcourse, FS9 was released in 2003 (I think) and FSX in 2006 - so some limitations. More-over, I re-modelled the same hangar without all them windows so in these sims, it will most probably look better.

Rear-Left:

Front-Right:

I will post screenshots here of every building that is complete.

Regards

skyhawk684

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 03:49:24 pm »
still looks fantastic.

thanks for keeping us updated :D

ASDDarren

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 09:38:16 pm »
The Raddison building is now complete.

Front-Left:

Rear-Right:

Front/Rear-Right:

ASDDarren

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 01:08:14 am »
Hi,

I decided to work on terminal 2 as it is the trickiest building to model at Dublin, this is the main terminal "finished" - Ofcourse I need to add the other part which leads out on to the apron for the gates etc etc...

Regards

Damo

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 09:12:32 am »
Wow Your flying through them-Pardon the pun! ;D

Cheers
Damo

ASDDarren

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 05:35:33 pm »
Thanks, Damo - if you or anyone else see something "wrong" with my models, let me know so I can fix them up.

Here is the pier of T2 which is still being worked on:

Regards

ASDDarren

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 12:27:11 am »
Started on Terminal one this evening, now I am pretty exhausted...terminal 1 i find more difficult than terminal 2.. anyway, this is a work in progress on both terminals... just equalizing my workload a bit.

Here are 2 shots of Terminal 1

Regards